Admission to the School of Medicine
The Saint Louis University – School of Medicine is now accepting applications for First-Year Medicine for Academic Year 2020-2021. Application forms are available at the Office of the Dean.
Completed forms and other requirements should be submitted during office hours, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon; 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Mondays thru Fridays.
Deadline for submission of application forms and other requirements is on February 28, 2020.
For further inquiries, please contact the Office of the Dean. Tel Nos. (074) 442-3043; 443-2001; 444-8246 to 48 local 293; Website: www.slu.edu.ph
The following requirements have to be fulfilled before any applicant for admission can be considered by the Committee on Admission:
1. The applicant must be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Arts or is expected to finish the course before the start of the academic year.
2. The applicant must fill up completely and accurately one (1) application form available at the Office of the Dean, School of Medicine and submit the accomplished form to the same office.
3. The applicant must submit the application form PERSONALLY in a LONG WHITE FOLDER and with the following:
- Original and photocopy of the original, complete, latest transcript of records.
- Certification from the Registrar of his or her University (if not indicated on the transcript) stating the subject he/she is taking in the second semester to complete the prerequisite subjects for admission.
- Students who graduated and conferred with a Degree and those currently enrolled (4thyear College), are required to submit a Certification from the school of his or her general weighted average.
- Original and photocopy of the following:
Certificate of Graduation
National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) results
Certificate of Live Birth printed on National Statistics Office (NSO) security paper
Certificate of Good Moral Character from Student Affair Office
- Transfer credential or honorable dismissal (except SLU graduates).
- Two (2) recommendation letters from two (2) school officials (except SLU graduates).
- Three (3) 2×2 ID pictures taken within sixty (60) days as of the date of application.
4. All applicants are required to pay PhP 460.00 for application form and PhP 3,330.00 to cover application processing fee. For non-resident aliens the fee is $580 preferably in check payable to Saint Louis University, Inc. The official receipt must be enclosed with the application folder.
The applicant must undergo an interview for evaluation on non-intellectual qualities. Interview will be done on/or a day after submission of above-mentioned requirements, depending on the availability of interviewers.
5. The applicant must not have been enrolled in any other Medical School prior to application.
6. As per CHED recommendation, the applicant must have taken and met the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) percentile rank of 40 and above.
In addition to the above, all foreign applicants must submit the following documents for visa purposes:
- Two (2) original copies of the transcript of records duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in the student’s country of origin.
- Recommendation letters from two (2) school officials
- Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) from CHED
- Photocopy of passport data page and birth certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in their country.
- NBI clearance
- Certificate of Graduation from previous bachelor’s degree
- Certificate of having passed the English Proficiency Test
*** Applicants who are foreigners and/or graduates of foreign schools will be required to pay an “Out-of-State-Fee” in the amount of $5,000.00 if ACCEPTED. This “Out-of-State-Fee” is a one-time payment prior to enrolment and is not refundable.