On June 7, 2023, the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) granted Level III reaccrediation to thirteen (13) and accreditation to three (3) academic programs of Saint Louis University. The PAASCU accreditation affirms SLU’s mandate of excellence and quality education.
The programs went through the accreditation process based on specific areas in PAASCU Quality Standards, including Leadership and Governance, Quality Assurance, Resource Management, Teaching-Learning, Student Services, External Relations, Research, and Results.
Programs that were granted Level III reaccreditation for five years, which is valid until May 2028, are:
- BA in Communication
- BA in Philosophy
- BA in Political Science
- BA in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- BS in Psychology
- BS in Biology
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- BS Secondary Education (majors in English, Filipino, Math, Science, and Social Studies)
- Bachelor of Special Needs Education
- BS Entrepreneurship with specialization in Business Analytics
- BS Business Administration, Major in Financial Management with Specialization in Business Analytics
- BS Business Administration, Major in Human Resource Management with Specialization in Business Analytics
- BS Business Administration, Major in Marketing Management with specialization in Business Analytics
On the other hand, the Hospitality Management, Tourism Management, and Radiologic Technology Programs are granted accreditation for an initial three years, from June 2023 to May 2026. In addition, PAASCU notes that the Social Work program can apply for a Formal Survey one year after receiving the PAASCU reports.
According to PAASCU, accreditation provides educational institutions like SLU an opportunity for critical analysis leading to improvements in quality, services, and operations. It also serves as a “public certification that an institution has attained standards above those prescribed by government agencies.” Through accreditation, education excellence is fostered by the development of principles and guidelines for assessing the effectiveness of educational institutions.