Under the leadership of SLU President Rev. Fr. Gilbert B. Sales, CICM, the Office of Institutional Development and Quality Assurance (OIDQA) of Saint Louis University conducted the coordination meeting for Institutional Reputation and Effectiveness (IRE) on 22 and 23 August 2023 at the Fr. Francis Gevers Hall, SLU.
Participants of the said meeting include all teaching and non-teaching staff of SLU, with assigned schedules within the 2-day period. These units and departments include:
- School of Teacher Education and Liberal Arts (STELA) and School of Nursing, Allied Health, and Biological Sciences (SONAHBS) deans, associate deans, department heads, and teaching staff;
- Basic Education School (BEdS) Principal, including teaching and non-teaching staff;
- School of Engineering and Architecture (SEA), School of Accountancy, Management, Computing, and Information Studies (SAMCIS), School of Law (SOL), School of Medicine (SOM) deans, associate deans, department heads, School of Advanced Studies (SAS) dean and graduate program coordinators, and teaching staff;
- Schools and offices non-teaching staff.
Topics discussed include:
- Opening Remarks: Rev. Fr. Gilbert B. Sales, CICM
- The CICM Louisian Employees: Dr. Joselito C. Gutierrez (teaching staff) and Dr. Romano M. Bulatao (non-teaching staff)
- Institutional Reputations and Effectiveness: Dr. Stephenie O. Busbus
- International Accreditation and Certification (AUN-QA): Dr. Joselito C. Gutierrez and Mr. Hector L. Martin
- International Accreditation and Certification (ISO): Mr. Hector L. Martin
- University Mechanisms: Dr. Geraldine S. Wakat
- Sharing of best practices from CHED FLAIR 2: Engr. Jeffrey Des B. Binwag
- Closing Remarks: Dr. Felina P. Espique (teaching staff) and Atty. Shellah Yzanne D. Merced (non-teaching staff)
The coordination meeting aims to enhance and facilitate the university’s modes of communication, streamline efforts, and foster a sense of unity and coordination among all staff members in improving the university through benchmarks and external quality assurance such as International Rankings, Certification, and Accreditation. Several of these rankings include THE Impact Rankings, WURI, QS Rankings, AppliedHE, AUNQA, ISO 21001:2018, and others to follow.